Hello! How to contact you about this game by email?
Supposedly Wonderful Future
A downloadable game for Windows
It's 2046, and life has never been better. Humanity is thriving, technology is booming, poverty and hunger are all but eradicated. Wars and unrest are the talks of the past; the world is as united as it's ever been. Aging can be stopped while terminal illnesses are conquered one by one – you don't have to die if you don't want to. Too bad many folks never lived to see the day.
Michael is one of those folks, a bright twenty-something destined to meet his end before wonders of science can save him. But maybe it doesn't have to be this way. Back in 2016, an unlikely visitor appears, claims that she has traveled back in time, and that Michael can join them in the future – if only he does some work first…
– A story-focused experience mixing social sci-fi with character drama and trope deconstruction, topped with just enough role-playing to make it more involving and personal.
– An old-school dialogue system, equally good for slowly learning every little detail or quickly moving through the main plot.
– Five chapters plus prologue, united in a single narrative but diverse and self-contained enough to work as episodes and tell little stories of their own.
– Enough jokes and references to forget about the daily horrors of human condition. For a little while. Probably.
– Approximate word count: 125,000. Play time: 4 to 8 hours (depending on your reading speed and thoroughness).
– Simplistic but functional visuals aimed at setting an appropriate mood.
– An extensive and atmospheric electronic soundtrack by the amazing artists of the Creative Commons community.
– A number of UI customization options to keep those walls of text as readable for everyone as possible.
– You'll have some choices, but they don't really matter. Or do they?
- Windows 7 32-bit or higher
- 1.1 GB available disk space
- 2GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics card
- A decade-old mid-range PC or anything above should do
A demo version is available and includes Prologue and Chapter 1 (out of 5). It is possible to continue the story from the same spot in the full version using your save files from the demo (detected automatically).
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Hi! Please write at email@example.com. Sorry for not providing any contacts straight away; I literally just finished with a press kit and updated the description with a link (it should have the same address listed there from now on).